Monday, May 21, 2012

Oh. My. Goodness.

Even better Bluebird pictures! Oh my goodness. I can't stop saying it. I am so excited! :) 
* I've learned that the male goes and inspects the box first, and while the female is in there he sits outside. He sits outside because he doesn't want any danger to come and he doesn't want her to mate with other males.
At this point, they are still making the nest. 
(We have two Bluebird boxes. One is my brother's and one is mine, but this pair of Bluebirds is in my brother's.)
Carrying more nesting material into the box.

She was carrying nesting material into the box here. All birds I take photos of are curious at why I'm there. I never thought  the female could fit so much nesting material in her beak though!

Carrying the nesting material into the box.

This was before the female came. He was just making sure everything was clear.
I'm so proud :)


I've had such a great day. As I got done with these pictures, I saw a something sitting on the hanger to our Wren boxes. It looked like a speck from where I was, but when I walked closer, I realized what it was. A tiny (male) Ruby Throated Hummingbird, the only kind of Hummingbird in Arkansas.

I like this one because his wing is up :)
Kind of like he's waving.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you baby girl! You are an amazing photographer!!!

    ReplyDelete